There are so many ways to help support foster youth in Pierce County including:
- Pick up donations to sort, organize, and return labeled by size and gender
- Become an Office Mom or Dad (connect with your local liaison for details)
- Gather items and assemble Comfort Bags to be given to foster children entering care
- Sign up for one of our events (Farm Day, School Supply Event, Holiday Event, etc.)
- Organize a community drive for items such as socks, underwear, diapers, pajamas, blankets, etc.
- Provide childcare and/or snacks or meals for local support groups
- Sponsor an event or activity for local foster youth
- Help connect a liaison with groups or organizations interested in a presentation about how they can help foster youth
- Help distribute Fostering Together flyers and posters in your community
- Become a Court Appointed Special Advocate (CASA)
- Donate items to The Wishing Well
- Donate items to help caregivers get licensed such as fire extinguishers, ladders, medical boxes, etc.
- Offer your personal services, expertise, or talent for upcoming events such as face painting, music lessons, tutoring, etc.
- Donate gift cards
Please contact Program Director Erika Thompson at 206.406.2398 with questions about how to help foster youth and foster families in Pierce County. Thank you for your support!
Become A Wishing Well Donor Today
With your help The Wishing Well Foundation can supply foster children with clothes, supplies and lifetime experiences. Become a donor today.